A short ingame explanation of the controls would have been great, since I dove right in and I didn't understamd what was happening xD
NIJI - A One-Dimensional Match-3 Action Puzzle Game
NIJI - A Colorful Rainbow One-Dimensional Action Match-3 Puzzle Game
Music was highly influenced by the Moon Theme of the NES Duck Tales game.
- press up/down to make your fire flower line change lanes in the rainbow
- press <z> to go faster
- catch incoming flowers by touching them with your fire flower line
- use left/right to highlight a flower in the line
- press <x> to select it and move it around with left/right
- press <x> again to place it
- match 3 flowers of the same color to explode them and earn score points
- the more flowers you explode in a single move the more points they're worth
- if you miss catching a flower, it'll get added to the back of the file in a frozen state
- only way to unfreeze a frozen flower is to explode another flower next to it
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Does pressing the left-right keys (highlighting different flowers) do anything?It could use something of a tutorial, even if you just put in in the text description of the game.
Also, it doesn't seem to ramp up in difficulty, from what I can tell. But I'm excited to see where it goes!
Yeah, I apologize for not adding proper instructions... I just had to upload it in a hurry as I was traveling out of town. I'll add them later tonight when I get some spare time.
It does ramp up in difficulty by throwing more flower types at you and it becomes a bit faster gradually over time. It still needs some cosmetic work here and there though. Please don't hesitate to give more feedback, though! Thanks!
edit: removed instructions from here and added them to the game's description text.
The Music Rainbow puzzle from the Mario Fire Flowers