I like the game you add some nice twists in by gaining more ships as you level up and boost your firing range. something I noticed though is the bullets don't seem to hurt you if your special attack is charged. Is that intentional?
Blast off and strike the evil green legion of mutating ships from outer-space!
- Move your main ship around with the arrow keys.
- Shoot with <z>.
- Holding <z> makes your ship go slower.
- Once you level up and gain extra ships you can do a power attack with <x>.
- Power attacks deal a lot of damage and clears all enemy bullets but it takes a while for the extra ship to cool-down and be useful again.
- Extra ships follow you around shooting forward.
- If your main ship gets destroyed, the next extra ship becomes your new main ship in its place.
- In short the extra ships are: lives, bombs and helpers in one.
- Lots. Of. Bullets!
- Randomized procedurally generated enemies, mini-bosses and end-level bosses. Every play-through is different.
- 1 bullet hits the enemy = 1 experience point. Each experience level reached makes your ship more powerful by giving you one of these: extra-ships, increased bullet shooting rate or increased power attack and lower cool-downs.
- No penalty in death. You keep your experience points and experience level, you just restart the current level.
- 10 different levels and infinite new game pluses with increased difficulty.
- Shooters: Zanac, R-Type, Gradius, Cave Shmups, Recca, Raiden, 1942.
- Others: Metroid, Cookie Clicker, RPGs.
- Other Excellent Pico-8 Shooters: Astero, They Started It, Invader Overload, Buzzkill.
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Thanks for your feedback, Keero! The player has a really small hit box, which might be what you're experiencing. Either that or that your side-kick ships don't really get damaged unless they become the main ship (effectively acting as lives stock). Hope that makes sense. Thanks for playing the game and I'm glad you're enjoying it!
Awesome game! It was fun to play!
this game is awsome
I cant get past the 4th boss for the life of me, great game btw!
keep at it... eventually you'll have enough fire power to overcome it :)
Thanks for playing!
Why is there no download link?
Also it might be cool to make your ship a little bit procedural as well.
i love the variety of enemy designs, are they randomly generated or did you design all of them?
Rather well made but out of intrest is it an applet or a html game?
It gets a bit repetitive after a bit, but it's a very well-made shooter.
thank you for your feedback... just curious, how far did you get?
Cool! I wanna PICO-8! :D You inspire me!
The particles flying by make it hard to read what things you have to keep track of, if that makes and sense. It makes visual noise and it's a bit harder to see enemies and bullets coming at you.
yeah, I see your point... the pico-8 palette is very limited so there's not a whole lot I can do... I think that once you know that only pink and green can hurt you it should be fine
Hey! I finally played it and it's good stuff!
I LOVE BULLET HELLS!!!
This is a really cool game it gave me some inspiration for what I can do next
This is AWESOME! Great job :D
I'm in love!
This is really cool~ c:
I love it!